828NewsNOW is looking for an experienced, driven, digital-savvy journalism leader for the local news site 828newsnow.com.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field.
- Three or more years of journalism experience.
- Top-notch writing and editing ability.
- Effective working in a collaborative, supportive environment.
- Experience with digital content management systems.
- Active engagement in social media platforms.
- The ability to learn and adapt quickly to emerging technologies.
It includes fantastic benefits and the opportunity to enjoy a career in digital journalism. This is an in-person position, and reliable transportation is required. Asheville Media Group is an equal opportunity employer. Join us and make a difference at 828NewsNOW!
Apply: Email Steve Richards at email@example.com
DIGITAL MARKETING SALES REPRESENTATIVE
We are looking for an energetic Sales Representative to help expand our digital marketing footprint in (Market). A self-starter to focus sales efforts on digital marketing services, especially PPC/SEM management, targeted display, and direct response marketing.
While we will provide leads to you that we generate through our website and marketing campaigns, you will need to be aggressive and proactive in generating your own leads through prospecting, cold outreach, networking, events, and prior relationships.
- PPC/SEM management, targeted display, and direct response marketing
- Discuss initial client needs, prepare proposals, and deliver presentations
- Understand client’s pain points and eloquently describe our digital marketing solutions and how they will meet client’s goals
- Always maintain a warm and friendly etiquette with clients, build a relationship with them, and win them over
- Stay up to date with the latest digital marketing trends
- Log all lead activity, deals, and status in our CRM
- Experience selling is a big plus
- Understanding of digital marketing concepts including PPC, SEM, SEO, social media marketing, display advertising, retargeting, etc.
- Experience with CRMs
- Ability to easily build a rapport with prospects
- Ability to listen to clients, understand their situation, and come up with creative solutions to address their needs
- Qualify, prospect, present, and close new accounts
Email your resume to Tom Davis at TDavis@avlradio.com.
Do you have experience in sales or marketing but haven’t found the right fit or company? Asheville Radio Group is looking for talented, sharp, savvy, and highly motivated individuals to work directly with business owners, GMs, and ad agencies to develop cool, custom, and effective advertising campaigns. Our sales & marketing consultants have dynamic personalities and are sales-focused while always leading with creative ideas.
At ARG, we offer excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 401K plan. Previous sales experience is preferred. Past media experience is a plus. We provide ongoing training along with the tools and support to succeed.
Asheville Media Group is hiring a Promotion Assistant to support the Promotions Department with “on the street” presence of six radio stations, executing large scale events and a variety on-site and in office assignments. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, responsible, organized and able to manage time and priorities.
Promotion Assistants perform a wide range of tasks which requires the ability to be flexible and respond to changes in direction and priorities. Hours and assignments will vary from week to week.
Examples of workday assignments for AMG Promotion Assistant can include:
- Preparing and executing on-site promotional events which requires the set up and breakdown of promotional event equipment along with engaging with event attendees
- Creating assigned website content for AMG brands including contests and sponsored content
- Contacting contest winners and processing winner release forms along with communicating and coordinating event waivers
- Creating weekly brand newsletters
- Recording events or sponsored features (photos/videos) for social channels and recaps of event and feature
If you’re as comfortable and confident working a fast-paced event as you are assisting with in office assignments, this job may be for you!
Must be able to lift 35 lbs. Nights, weekends and some holidays will be required. You must be at least 18 years old with a current driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
Email your resume to Shannon Steele at SSteele@ashevillemediagroup.com
Asheville Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Asheville Media Group is owned by Saga Communications, a leading broadcast company with broadcast properties in 27 markets comprising more than 100 brands. Our positions offer excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 401K plan. Saga Communications is an equal-opportunity employer.